The African Circular Business Alliance (ACBA) will be participating at the AfCFTA Business Forum, co-hosted by the AfCFTA Secretariat and the Government of South Africa under the leadership of H.E. Cyril Ramaphosa, which was rescheduled and is now set to take place from the 16th to 19th April, 2023 in Cape Town, South Africa. This is Africa’s biggest business event, designed with the aim of accelerating the implementation of the AfCFTA and activating trade and investments.
Some of the discussions/activities ACBA will be championing or engaging on are:
1) Circular Economy trade and market development
2) The development of African Carbon Markets and Low-carbon Technologies
3) Impact Investment for businesses in the energy, food, agriculture and transportation industry to build Climate Adaptation and Resilience on the African continent and a profitable-sustainable circular economy
4) Research & Development Funding for new technologies and innovative circular business models and strategies
5) Collaboration with several stakeholders, including businesses, governments, civil society organisations, and communities to develop and implement circular economy policies